A CPU and memory profiler for the .NET platform, recognized by the IT professionals and analysts as the best profiling tool out there
Profiling your application from the standpoint of CPU and memory usage is quite important, as it enables you to optimize its performance and limit its impact on the host system resources, which is always appreciated by end-users.
With the help of YourKit Profiler, you can easily run your Java-based program and assess its functioning, analyzing and measuring several aspects of its runtime, enabling you to determine what could be improved.
Well-rounded and accessible GUI
Subsequent to the brief setup process, you can launch the program, its ‘Welcome’ screen allowing you to view locally running Java apps, or work with the ‘Integration Wizards’ to enable you to use a preferred development environment with YourKit Profiler.
Similarly, you can open and monitor remote utilities, or you can work with an existing snapshot. The dense documentation provides you with information on every aspect that may need clarification while the ‘Example’ lets you play with YourKit Profiler and learn what it is capable of.
CPU and memory profiling made easy
After opening the Java tool that you want to profile, you can ‘Connect to Application’ from the context menu and start visualizing its performance. As such, you can view the CPU-related data, in the form of call trees or methods list, with details about ‘Time’ and ‘Invocation Count’. It even features ‘CPU Usage Telemetry’ in the shape of easy-to-interpret graphs.
From the ‘Threads’ tab, you can learn more about ‘Stack Traces’ and ’CPU Usage Estimation’, while in the ‘Deadlocks’ section, you can find all such events that have occurred so far. Moreover, YourKit Profiler enables you to explore objects whose memory screenshots you need to capture, letting you display ‘Allocations’ and ‘Memory & GC Telemetry’ data.
In addition, you can uncover details about ‘Exceptions’ and ‘Monitor Usage’. The automatically generated ’Performance Charts’ let you visualize information in a schematic manner while the ‘Events’ section lets you obtain an overview of important occurrences in the profiling process.
All these details along with the data in the ‘Summary’ enables you to discover which areas of your application require improvement, to optimize them for various systems and lower their overall impact.
A feature-rich program profiler for Java utilities
In closing, YourKit Profiler is an advanced and useful software solution which aims to assist developers in running CPU and memory profiling tasks on Java-based tools, providing you with the information required to optimize them.
- MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK VERSION 2.0 OR ABOVE
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 15-day trial period
- Powerful analysis capabilities: CPU and memory hot spots with devoted views; unique snapshot comparison; memory leak detection; memory distribution reports; measuring of shallow and retained sizes of objects; reporting utility
- On-demand profiling: With this cutting-edge feature, you can enable the profiling only when you need it, with application running at its full speed for the rest of the time. For example, you can analyze the current heap state at any moment of application runtime, by capturing memory snapshot. This feature is extremely beneficial for profiling huge applications, with zero overhead
- Free embedding into production: You are eligible to distribute profiling DLL with your real-world commercial applications, free of charge. This will help you to ease your product maintenance and improve your customer support
- J2EE support: Non-intrusive profiling of high-scale production applications; easy integration with application servers; innovative automatic deobfuscator
- Java 5.0 support: YourKit utilizes all advanced Java 5.0 features, including unique support for JVMTI
- Quick and easy installation: Straight-forward installation process, with the most reasonable defaults; seamless integration with popular IDEs and application servers; minimum extra configuration
- J2ME support: First in the market memory profiling of mobile applications
- User-friendliness and usability: Light-weight and intuitive user interface based on tasks; keyboard support; report filtering for quick and deep analysis; profiling is natively incorporated into supported IDE’s, to be available from the most obvious and reasonable places
- Flexible licensing policy: Multi-platform and multi-processor licensing