Compare database and perfectly synchronize their contents with the help of this advanced piece of software that also bundles an SQL editor and a database query tool
UDB Workbench is an advanced and efficient piece of software that allows you to compare and synchronize two databases. In just a few words, this utility connects to DB2 UDB databases and allows you to visualize the differences between them, and swiftly executes scripts with the purpose of synchronizing their structures.
Right off the bat, you should also know that this tool comes with support for loading schema through ODBC or DDL and that it is perfectly capable of working with DB2 UDB 6.X all the way up to 9.X.
Features a slightly outdated yet quite intuitive UI
Regardless of your computer experience, you should be able to deploy this utility on your computer’s system without problems, thanks to its streamlined installer. Once launched, you are met by a well-organized, tabbed interface that is a bit on the old side.
Nevertheless, you should be able to find your way around this app quite rapidly. You can start off by loading your databases. In addition to the side-by-side comparison panels for the source and the target database, you should also get your first glimpse at the utility’s advanced SQL editor.
Advanced and capable SQL editor plus a useful query tool
Capable of handling complex SQL syntax and boasting features like IntelliSense code completion, parameter hinting and support for line revision marks, split view, drag and drop edit, code folding, wildcard search and replace, it will surely come in handy.
There’s also a capable query tool that allows you to group, filter, edit, sort and search for table and records. Please note that the results can be effortlessly exported to Excel spreadsheet format, for indexing purposes.
Perfectly sync the contents of two databases with the help of this comprehensive app
Taking everything into consideration, UDB Workbench is a relatively lightweight and attractive app that allows you to compare, differentiate and perfectly sync two databases, as well as modify them with the help of available the SQL query and editing tools.
- Pentium or compatible processor
- DB2 UDB ODBC driver
- A PDF viewer
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 14 days trial
- Flexible Connectivity
- Support DB2 UDB 6.X/7.X/8.X/9.X
- Support loading schema from both file and database
- Easy Database Object Manipulation
- Support scripting database objects
- Support long script execution. If script was executed from the beginning to the end and error has occurred, the statement where the error occurred will be highlighted
- Loaded schema will be updated automatically after execution of DDL statements
- Powerful SQL Editor
- Support syntax highlighting, code completion and tooltip information
- Support SQL formatting, include letter case conversion, for example, “TitleCase”, “camelCase”, etc.
- Support line revision marks, split view, full screen edit, drag-and-drop edit, column mode edit, code folding, multiple levels of undo and redo, Unicode and DOS/UNIX/MAC formatted files
- Convenient Query Tool
- Allow editing, grouping, searching, filtering and sorting
- Table and record views to see data the way you like it
- Query results can be exported to Excel spreadsheet or as a set of SQL statements
- Integrated “Diff” Tool for Database Comparison as well as Data Comparison
- Color-coded side-by-side comparison makes it easy to pinpoint at a glance
- Allow edit and synchronize data comparison results
- Generate Synchronization Script for Database Schema Synchronization
- User will be alerted when synchronization script contains any warnings, such as, data truncation, incompatible data type conversion, etc.
- Permit user to review and manually update synchronization script prior to executing it
- Other Useful Features
- Convenient to view information on dependencies between database objects
- Generate script to recover invalid database objects, recovering objects include inoperative views, inoperative triggers and incorrect NEXTVAL of identity columns
- Generate script to export data, import data, load data, REORG tables and RUNSTATS tables