Video surveillance application that can use either your webcam or IP cameras, which detects noise and motion, saving the video recordings to file
Security Monitor Pro is a surveillance application designed to help users supervise important locations and prevent any possible hazard. This utility supports up to 32 cameras at the same time, so there is no need to worry about a blind spot.
The program supports IP and USB cameras. When connected, cameras have to be assigned a brand and a model name from an existing list. Users can set the preview options, such as video resolution, frame rate or display name. Also, users can select a motion sensitivity level, depending on whether they want to learn of the slightest movement or of the more relevant ones. Any detected movement can be highlighted in red, so they become obvious to whoever watches the cameras.
When motion is detected, the application can perform a series of actions such as start video recording, then save the file to WMV format, capture images from the camera and save them to JPEG files or send email notifications to the owner. Additionally, it can upload the recorded videos and photos to the user’s FTP account.
The recorded videos as well as the captured images can feature several types of user-defined stamps, like the date and time (recommended if users might want to use the recordings as legal proof), a text caption or a watermark.
In order to avoid false alarms, users can mask a particular area from the camera’s view and the application will then ignore any movements happening in that region.
Another option for users is to broadcast the video online, so they can supervise a location, even if they are not in front of the computer running Security Monitor Pro.
Being a user-friendly piece of software, Security Monitor Pro is a good option for anyone wishing to increase their level of protection, and can be used successfully even by the less experienced.
- Pentium 500 MHz or better processor
- 512 MB RAM or higher
- 1 GB free hard disk space on installation drive (10 MB required for installed files)
- At least one web camera or IP camera
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 30-day trial
- Limited to 2 hours for Monitoring with Alerts, Camera Recording, FTP UPload and Live Broadcasting
- Nag screen
- Control up to 32 camera feeds, simultaneously
- Use Webcams and IP cameras
- View JPEG, MJPEG, MPEG-4 and H.264 stream from IP cameras
- Support for 1,500 camera models and counting
- Pan, tilt and zoom cameras to adjust coverage areas
- Supports High Res cameras, with multi-resolution recording
- Export and Import cameras with individual settings
- Operate in hidden mode
- Set motion-triggered alerts individually for each camera, with adjustable sensitivity
- Use Mask Area feature to exclude areas from motion detection
- Get notified by email when an alert is triggered
- Capture and save videos on motion detection to save disk space
- Schedule your camera to automatically start recording
- Add timestamp and watermarks to your footage
- Upload recordings automatically to an FTP server
- Built-in Media Analyzer for quick review of all captured events
- Filter recordings by camera and time
- Play videos with 4x speed and view only keyframes
- Maintain a complete event log for all cameras
- Auto-deletion of old recordings to free disk space
- Broadcast video feeds live on the Internet