Synchronize one or more directories across multiple devices without worrying about data theft or interception, thanks to this intuitive application
Formerly known as BitTorrent Sync, Resilio Sync offers a convenient, fast and most importantly, secure method to synchronize folders across multiple computers. This way, you can easily access your important documents and other files without having to transfer them manually.
Securely share folders with computers or smartphones
Thanks to a modern-looking interface and the intuitive options, working with Resilio Sync shouldn’t pose problems to users. Sharing a folder requires you to send the automatically generated secret code to the peer computer in order to link it or scan the QR code using your smartphone, provided the iOS, Android or Windows Phone app is already deployed on the handset.
As mentioned above, the major advantage of Resilio Sync is security, since only invited users (to whom you give the secret code generated by the application) can access your shared folders. In addition to this, it does not rely on cloud servers, which avoids the danger of data interception.
Automatic synchronization across multiple devices
There is no limit on the size of directories that Resilio Sync can store, so you can add several files in the folders you want to share.
Any modification you make in a shared folder is automatically synchronized across all the devices that have the application installed. Data transfers can be monitored in the main window of Resilio Sync, while the history of actions is available in its designated section.
In order to save data traffic, you can instruct Resilio Sync to limit the receiving and sending rates. Experienced users will be able to configure the refresh and the rescan intervals, the number of days an inactive peer is disconnected and other advanced settings.
Keep your data in sync at all times
Resilio Sync keeps your folders up-to-date on multiple computers or handheld devices. The principle it relies on ensures data security, since only users who have the correct code can access a shared directory. With a simplistic, yet intuitive and stylish interface, it enables you to manage synced folders in an elegant manner.
- Internet connection
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- You can optionally try the Pro version for 30 days. After the trial is over, the application reverts back to the feature-limited edition.
- Features that are only available in the Pro (purchased) edition:
- Change folder access permissions at any time
- Sync folders across all your devices
- Selective Sync
- Advanced folder
- Weekly scheduling
- DEVICE TO DEVICE FILE TRANSFER:
- Use your local network:
- You don’t need the Internet to use Sync. Sync can utilize local networks even if the Internet is down or unavailable. You can even set up a router in a place with zero internet access to share data over a private network
- Shortest path between devices:
- Sync always finds the shortest path between devices when transferring data. It doesn’t matter if those devices are across the room or across the globe. Sync can share files up to 16x faster than cloud services.
- INTELLIGENT SYNCHRONIZATION:
- Incremental updates
- Continuous synchronization and updating
- Accelerated transfers
- Pause specific folders
- SECURE LINKS FOR SHARING:
- Expiration deadlines
- Extend private sharing to insecure messaging services
- Owner approval of folder privileges
- FOLDER-LEVEL ACROSS CONTROLS:
- (PRO) Change access permissions at any time
- (PRO) Designate other users as owners
- Control permissions at the folder level
- ON-DEMAND ACCESS TO FILES:
- (PRO) Save space with placeholder files
- (PRO) Access massive files when you need them
- ADVANCED FOLDER SETTINGS:
- (PRO) Make content available on-demand with ‘Selective Sync’
- Disconnect folders to keep all data off of a device
- BUILD YOUR OWN CLOUD:
- Personal cloud services with extra privacy
- Use ‘Synced’ to replicate everything
- Protect your files
- BACKUP FROM MOBILE:
- Keep your mobile devices backed up
- Preserve storage space on mobile