Create notes on your computer that you can sort, organize, export or print and also attach images, paste HTML or media and encrypt
If your work involves prolonged computer usage, focusing on your task can make you prone to forgetting certain bits of information.
In this situation you can turn to specialized software solutions such as QOwnNotes that can help you create to-do lists or take notes, thus helping you remind essential details.
Please note that if you want to use synchronization functions, you need to install ownCloud on your computer and QOwnNotesAPI on the ownCloud server.
No installation needed
You do not need to set up this application in order to benefit from its capabilities. However, you have to decompress the contents of the archive it comes packed in and launch the executable component.
On the downside, you need to configure the ownCloud server access manually if you want to keep your notes synchronized, which might be difficult for less-experienced users.
QOwnNotes comes with a feature-rich, user-friendly interface, thus providing you with high overall accessibility and efficiency alike.
Some of its controls are available as toolbar buttons, but most of them can be accessed via its standard menus. More so, this program provides you with an extensive configuration menu that you can use to tweak its features according to your needs.
Advanced note manager
You can turn to this application if you need a complex tool that lets you save notes on your computer or create to-do lists that you can organize, sort, export, print, encrypt or synchronize, depending on your needs.
It is possible to enhance your notes by inserting links, images, the current time, code blocks and media or HTML. More so, you can also define tags and assign them to your notes, as well as use find and replace functions to customize them. This program features an equation solver that you can use by selecting the corresponding content and hitting the Ctrl + Space key combination.
Create notes and to-do lists with this advanced application
All things considered, QOwnNotes is a complex application that lets you create notes and to-do lists on your computer that you can organize, encrypt, synchronize and sort according to your needs. It requires no installation, comes with a comprehensive user interface, packs quite intuitive functions and lets you configure many of its parameters.
- OWNCLOUD FOR NOTE SYNCHRONIZATION
- one or many notes folders can be chosen
- notes can be created, edited, viewed and removed
- list of notes is shown
- older versions of your notes can be restored from your ownCloud server (install QOwnNotesAPI on your server)
- trashed notes can be restored from your ownCloud server (install QOwnNotesAPI on your server)
- sub-string searching of notes is possible and search results are highlighted in the notes
- application can be operated with keyboard shortcuts.
- external changes of note files are watched (notes or note list are reloaded)
- differences between current note and externally changed note are showed in a dialog
- markdown highlighting of notes and a markdown preview mode
- notes are getting their name from the first line of the note text (just like in the ownCloud notes web-application) and the note text files are automatically renamed, if the the first line changes