Perform backups of your important files and folders on demand or on schedule with the help of this intuitive and user-friendly application
Personal Backup is a handy and reliable program that can backup your files and folders in a set of simple steps, providing you with full control over the operation.
There’s an abundance of similar utilities on the market, possibly offering you a richer array of features but they come with a fee, which Personal Backup doesn’t require in order to do its job.
Personal Backup sports an intuitive interface that hosts a few buttons and a toolbar populated by shortcuts to the most interesting and common functions of the application.
What impressed us during the time we tested Personal Backup was the two different approaches that it features for beginners and advanced users.
The former category is offered a step-by-step wizard that guides one throughout the whole process, while the latter is provided with a more complex way of configuring the backups.
You can backup data from a removable or fixed drive, a FTP or a Windows network server, with no limit to the number of backups. By default, the program processes all the subfolders of the specified folder, but exceptions can be defined to exclude or include any subdirectory, as you wish.
Backups can be performed on demand or on a predefined schedule, as well as set for launch at computer startup. Moreover, you can select from four different type of backups: copy, full, differential (compares two folders and saves only the newest data) and incremental (backs up the files that have changed from the last backup).
Other highlights include custom compression rules, file encryption, file sync, as well as options to copy file permissions or to perform integrity checks on the backups.
All in all, Personal Backup comes across as an excellent utility that sports a sufficient array of features for the day-to-day user, being able to backup and restore data in simple, easy to follow steps.
- The program must be started as administrator
- Restore of single files or zip files
- Selection dialog for files on restore or cleanup with folder tree and find function
- File preview on selecting or deselecting subfolders
- Wizard for the creation of new backup tasks
- Unlimited number of configurable backup tasks
- Backup of complete directory structures
- Start backup on demand or run automatically
- Backup via FTP
- Backup into single or ZIP files
- Internal backup scheduler
- Create and configure alternate backups using Windows Task Scheduler
- Verification of backed up files