Convert MOV to AVI or MPG format in batch mode, using different video and audio codecs, and applying different deinterlacing, resolution and cropping settings
Pazera Free MOV to AVI Converter is a software solution designed to convert MOV and QT files to AVI and MPG. Once you’re done with the installation, you’ll find a clean interface that helps the app serve its purpose quite okay.
You just have to add the files you want to convert in the list, choose the output file format and start adjusting settings. You thus have the power to choose the video codec, change the bitrate and the FPS and enable 2-pass encoding.
The audio settings field includes configurations for the audio codec and also for the bitrate, channels, sampling frequency and volume, while the advanced settings panel comprises the audio track to convert, the resolution, cropping and force video tag.
These are basically the only things you see while using the app. The conversion process goes very fast, while audio and video quality remains the same for the output file as well.
Although the application is only designed to work with MOV, QT, AVI and MPG files, it also supports MKV, WMV, MP4, FLV, MTS, OGM and AMV files.
Unfortunately, there’s no help file and we all know how important documentation really is, especially for beginners, so this is one of the things to be worked on in the next versions. On the other hand, we have to applaud the overall speed of the app and the way it manages to handle computer resources, remaining very light all the time.
As a conclusion, Pazera Free MOV to AVI Converter is a great video converting tool that deserves at least a try.
- Converting from MOV and QT to AVI or MPG
- Limited support for other video formats (including AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, FLV, MTS, OGM, AMV)
- Decoding the most important audio and video codecs used in MOV files: H.261, H.263, H.264, AAC, MP3 etc
- Supported video codecs: H.264 (x264), XviD, DivX 3, WMV, MPEG4-FFmpeg, S-Mpeg 4 v. 2, Motion JPEG (MJPEG), HuffYUV
- Supported audio codecs: MP3 (Lame), MP2, AC3, AAC, WMA, PCM 16-bit
- Generating video files compatible with the MPEG-1 (VCD) and MPEG-2 (SVCD, DVD) standard
- A number of predefined conversion profiles. Possibility to save your own settings to an INI file
- A large number of encoding parameters: audio and video bitrate, fps, number of channels and audio sampling, the volume, change the resolution, scaling and cropping the image, and others
- Possibility of 2-pass encoding, which will increase the image quality and reduces the volume of output file
- The ability to save the FFmpeg encoder commands in a BAT file
- The program is portable: it does not use system registry and all settings are stored in INI files. Thanks to this program can be run from portable devices such as pendrives, memory cards and other removable drives
- The program has a built-in support for multiple languages. Current version supports Chinese (simplified), Czech, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish