Pro-level password manager with a familiar UI and powerful features, including a master password for the entire database, autocomplete mode, passkey cleaner and analyzer
Password Depot Professional is an advanced password manager that facilitates a secure environment for storing secret keys and other personal information, like transaction account numbers. This type of tool is recommended when you share your computer with multiple users who might look into your private data. It offers support for several pro features, like autocomplete.
Customizable installation procedure
The setup pack includes Windows Explorer integration, add-ons for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, along with a virtual keyboard to prevent keyloggers from getting recording your passkeys. Plus, the app offers to automatically run at system startup.
Create password lists with multiple entries
The modern interface is based on a clean and professional-looking window. A master password must be assigned to the database, after which you can start building multiple password list files. For each file you can add new as many entries as you want by specifying a description, date of last modification, type, date of expiration, username and URL.
Manage data and resort to handy tools
They can be placed into groups, added to a favorites list for quick access, and sorted by various criteria. A search function is also available. Furthermore, Password Depot supports a backup and restore feature for the entire database, autocomplete mode when surfing the web, a password cleaner for old, large or unused keys, and more.
Configure program options
Numerous options are up for customization. For instance, you can switch to a different language and theme for the UI, reconfigure keyboard shortcuts, specify the default expiration date for passwords, pick the default web browsers, and disable warnings, among others.
Evaluation and conclusion
The comprehensive tool runs on low CPU and significant memory, and it sometimes takes a while to carry out user commands. However, we have not come across any major issues in our tests. In the end, Password Depot Professional proves to be a reliable piece of software for safely storing and managing multipurpose passwords, and it is mostly geared toward advanced PC users.
- 600 MHz Intel Pentium II processor or later
- At least 128 MB RAM (256 MB is better)
- 20 MB of free hard disk space
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- This trial version will run as a full version for 30 days, but allows only 20 passwords per file (after 30 days the program will run in freeware mode)
- User-friendly interface for convenient management of your passwords and access details: for the Internet, online banking (TANs), online shopping etc.
- Generate uncrackable passwords using the integrated Password Generator.
- Maximum protection of your sensitive data thanks to the security algorithm Rijndael 256-Bit!
- Protection from keyloggers and spyware: Password Depot protects your passwords even if your computer is infected with spyware and keyloggers.
- The Auto-complete function enters your user name and password on websites automatically.
- Password Depot 3 runs on every Windows PC. Optionally, it also runs on USB flash drives!
- Network compatible – allows shared use on a local network. Store password lists on FTP servers for worldwide access to your data!