Email client with standard settings, designed to replace more complex applications, such as Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird
OE Classic is a simple and intuitive email client designed to replace classical applications such as Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird. It puts at users’ disposal standard settings that can be easily adjusted.
The interface is clean and familiar. You can get started by adding accounts (email or newsgroups) and editing all the necessary account information, like POP and SMTP details.
Just like in popular email clients, messages can be accessed from the inbox, outbox, sent, deleted, or draft locations. Details show the subject, sender, receiver, time and date, account, and type for each email. Opening, printing, inserting and saving attachments is possible.
In addition, it is possible to manage a contacts list for the current identity, use a search function across all messages, export and import data (e.g. Outlook Express 6, CSV, IAF), as well as copy or move messages to other folders.
When it comes to program options, you can specify the time interval for automatically checking for new messages, set OE Classic to minimize to the system tray, block external content in HTML emails, select the font name and size for composing messages, customize the layout, create signatures, and so on.
OE Classic is very responsive to commands and runs on a pretty low amount of CPU and RAM, so it does not affect the overall performance of the computer. However, the unregistered edition of the app is quite limited. Furthermore, it does not offer support for additional, more complex features, considering that is is not free.
- INTERNET EXPLORER 6 OR LATER
- Internet connection
- 15 MB disk space
- 128 MB RAM
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- Cannot create identities
- Can create up to 2 accounts
- Watermark on sent messages
- wizard for adding email and news accounts
- editing properties of accounts, removing, setting default
- send and receive for POP3 and SMTP accounts (including secure servers like Gmail) with logging
- newsreader with yEnc, multipart and 64-bit article index support
- display in viewer invoked when message is double-clicked
- view and save attachments
- message compose and reply editor with compressed quoting
- moving messages from folder to folder, deleting messages
- importing emails from Outlook Express 6
- address book