A backup and recovery solution that fits well in both home and business environments thanks to its wide range of provided functions
Macrium Reflect Server Edition is a powerful system tool that you can use to create complete and complex backups for your system.
With this application you are able to make backups for entire partitions, single files or folders and compress them into archives that can be mounted. Macrium Reflect Server Edition enables you to create images of entire hard disks which you can then use to restore any file that is lost from the original storage medium.
The images you create can be full, incremental or differential and can be stored on discs and other removable media devices.
Macrium Reflect Server Edition displays a rather comprehensive interface but you need a few minutes to get the hang of it because it doesn’t follow the classical pattern of most backup solutions. It is a straightforward tool because it provides direct access to all the features you need right from the main window.
Within a few clicks you can create an image for a partition of choice, backup a file or folder, a bootable rescue media, add a boot menu option for the recovery environment and perform a detailed analysis of a drive. What makes Macrium Reflect Server Edition usable by just about anyone is the fact that all its main functions come with a wizard that guide you through the entire process. You easily get to choose the source for the backup, its destination and storage medium.
Macrium Reflect Server Edition is anything but basic. It also offers you AES Encryption and password protection, the ability to browse backups and compress them. Moreover, you can schedule backup sessions and add comments to them in case they need various information attached.
With the above to consider, and much more to discover, Macrium Reflect Server Edition is by all means a reliable backup tool that can meet and exceed the needs for both home and office use.
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 30 days trial
- The ReDeploy functionality to restore images to dissimilar hardware is not included
- You cannot add a boot menu option to start the recovery environment
- Drag and drop user interface:
- New, more intuitive user interface supports drag and drop of partitions when backing up or restoring. With easy to use intuitive wizards and fast access to key functions, backing up and restoring is now easier then ever.
- WinPE 3.1 rescue environment:
- Includes the latest version of the Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment offering support for more devices along with USB 3.0 support.
- Direct disk cloning:
- Directly copy one hard disk to another without creating an image file first. Partitions can be ordered and resized during this process.
- Reorder & resize partitions:
- Change the order and size of partitions as they are restored
- Restore multiple partitions:
- Restore whole disks or multiple partitions in a single operation
- Backup destination rotation:
- Easily rotate backup destinations by specifying a list of alternate backup locations
- File & Folder backup NTFS permissions:
- Include NTFS access control lists (permissions) as part of a file and folder backup, these permissions can then be restored.
- Server ReDeploy:
- Restore your Windows server operating systems to new hardware using ReDeploy for Servers which features a clean, simple and intuitive user interface
- WinPE driver support:
- Adding driver support to Microsoft WinPE has never been easier, Macrium Reflect will prompt to add drivers for unsupported devices in WinPE.
- UEFI Support:
- Support for the latest UEFI motherbboards with GPT booting.
- Integrated email component:
- Send backup completion status email notifications with the new integrated email component.
- Disk imaging:
- Create images of whole disks or selected partitions allowing you to restore operating systems or data volumes without the need to reinstall
- Incremental & differential backups:
- Create incremental and differential backups from a full backup forming a working backup set and taking less time than a full backup
- File & folder backup:
- Backup multiple collections of files and folders from different volumes
- File & folder masks:
- Specify multiple inclusion and exclusion masks for a file & folder backup to ensure only the data you require is included in the backup
- AES Encryption & password protection:
- Use industry Advanced Encryption Standard to encrypt backups, choose between 128, 192 and 256 bit strength for increasing levels of encryption. Password protect backups to prevent unauthorised access
- Password protection:
- Add further password protection to a backup to prevent unauthorised access to your data
- Disk space management:
- Manage the amount of disk space used by specifying how many backup sets to retain
- Image verification:
- Verify backups as they are either created or at a later date to ensure backups are in working order
- Backup definitions:
- Store common backup tasks in definition files so that they can be executed in script, as scheduled tasks or from desktop shortcuts
- Scheduled backups:
- Run backup definitions as Windows Tasks on daily, weekly or monthly cycles for unattended backup operations
- Scripting support:
- Use backup definitions in VBScript or MS-DOS batch files to include them in your own workflow process
- Compress backups:
- Includes industry leading compression methodoligies to compress resulting backups and conserve disk space
- Browse backups:
- Mount images in Windows Explorer so that you browse the contents of the backup as if you were looking at a normal drive in Windows
- Comment backups:
- Add comments to backups to further identify and clarify what a backup is for or what data it contains