Back up Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail Desktop, include IE, Firefox, Chrome data, password-protect the archive and encrypt it, and schedule tasks
Express Assist is a lightweight software application whose purpose is to help you create backups of Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail Desktop data.
The utility employs a wizard-like approach for helping you carry out the backup process. This mode comes in handy especially for less experienced users, as they are offered step-by-step guidance throughout the configuration process.
You are the given the freedom to choose between two main tasks, namely make a backup file or archive copy of your critical data, or restore/view data from a previous backup.
Customize backup data
The application allows you to pick the email clients and browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) that you want to save. In addition, you may include Windows contacts, files, My Documents, My Pictures, My Music, and My Desktop data in the backup, as well as add user-defined folders.
The utility automatically scans the aforementioned locations and displays a list with files for each category. You may manually select the items that you want to include/exclude in/from the backup.
What’ more, you can choose the saving directory, password-protect the backup in order to prevent other users from gaining access to your sensitive data, as well as apply the 256-bit AES encryption algorithm.
Express Assist comes with support for some extra set of utilities that allow you to set a backup reminder and delete prior backups and logs if they exceed a custom number of copies.
The build-in scheduler gives you the possibility to create a new task by providing details about its name and performing an automatic action at the end of the backup (e.g. end the program, shut down the computer, log off the current user). Plus, you can run a scheduled task on specific days of the week, custom date, and time.
General backup configuration settings
Express Assist allows you to automatically show backup logs, save a copy of the backup log with the backup file, compress data and choose the preferred compression level (low, medium or high), and skip several files from the compression process based on file extension filters (e.g. GIF, PNG, ZIP, TIFF).
What’s more, you can set a default backup folder, create a single backup file or split the backup into multiple items with each one not exceeding a maximum size, verify all files, include date and time in filenames, and automatically close Firefox to do a backup.
All in all, Express Assist provides a user-friendly environment and smart suite of features for helping you back up and restore data, and is suitable for all types of users, regardless of their experience level.
- OUTLOOK EXPRESS
- WINDOWS MAIL
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 15 days trial
- Works with Outlook Express [OE], Windows Mail [WM] and with Windows Live Mail [WLM].
- Create a “Backup” copy of all of your mail (including all attachments).
- For OE, save or restore any selection of mail folders.
- Save all of the important email registry settings (e.g. message rules) and supporting data (e.g. stationery)
- Easily “Restore” the mail and all settings after a system failure.
- Backup and Restore OE, WM or WLM Email Accounts.
- Backup and Restore OE, WM or WLM message Rules, Options and Preferences
- Transfer your mail and settings to a new machine.
- Transfer between OE, WM and WLM on different machines.
- Find and messages in the backup which are not in the current OE, WM, or WLM message folders. This will allow you to restore just a single lost message, or to keep folders “in sync” between machines. This is unique to AJSystems.com backup programs.
- Search for and View any message in the backup file without restoring. This is unique to AJSystems.com backup programs.
- Backup and restore of Windows Address Book.
- Backup and restore of Windows Contacts and Windows Live Contacts
- Backup and restore of Windows Live Calendar.
- Restore the Address Book for import into Windows Contacts or Windows Live Contacts.
- Backup and restore of ancillary data: Documents, Desktop items, Internet Explorer settings, Firefox settings, and Google Chrome settings.
- Backup any data using custom backup groups.
- Backup Now! – One step backup using the parameters from the prior backup.The program remembers how you like to do things.
- Automatic reminder to backup after a set number of days – according to your needs. Never again forget this important task.
- Retrieve messages from the backup as text (.txt) files or as Mail (.eml) files.
- Transfer mail and from older versions of Windows to Windows Vista and vice/versa.
- If you need to refer to your actions, a log is maintained for each Backup or Restore. This can easily be printed as required.
- Schedule the backup using the simple Express Assist scheduler (included), or using the Windows Scheduler.
- Encryption is built-in. You may protect the backup files with full 256 bit AES Encryption