An intuitive bandwidth meter that you can rely on to monitor and control your network and Internet traffic, as well as restrict download and upload speed
Users who want to know exactly how much bandwidth they use will definitely find BWMeter a very handy tool, as the application provides not only a detailed analysis of both the network and the Internet connection but also some other great features.
Although it was initially designed to give you an overview over the network and Internet traffic, BWMeter offers you much more than that as it includes tools to control network access, graphs and even alerts and notifications.
The application thus has tons of features, so it could be a bit difficult to get along with it if you’re not an experienced user. Well, yes and no, because the interface has been designed to make the whole job a lot easier, so features are nicely organized in the main window.
BWMeter allows you to set up filters for either the local network or the Internet, configure speed limits and stop traffic or enable download and upload restrictions.
What we liked the most however where the graphs generated by the app that can be updated at an user-defined interval and can be fully customized with a different position and size, various display units and fractional digits, but also with a new visual style.
Otherwise, the amount of statistics provided by BWMeter is absolutely impressive, showing you valuable information either hourly, daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
Since it’s also capable of controlling app access to the network and Internet, the user will also have to set up separate rules for each application, so you also have the chance to block dangerous or suspicious processes.
All in all, BWMeter is an excellent application if you’re planning to monitor bandwidth closely. Quite easy to use and packing enough features to satisfy the needs of most users, this software is indeed one of the best of its kind.
- 10 MB of free harddisk space
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 30 days trial
- Graphical and numerical display of bandwidth
- User definable filters for measuring bandwidth
- User definable graphs to visualize bandwidth
- Can monitor all network interfaces / adapters
- Can monitor and display all traffic on the network
- Traffic control, access control and speed limits
- Creates daily, weekly, monthly and yearly statistics
- Shows statistics of other computers running BWMeter
- Alerts and notifications
- Shows hostile internet traffic (hackers, viruses, etc.)
- Statistics can be exported / imported
- Easy installation and configuration with default options
- Supports LAN, WAN, VPN, ADSL, xDSL, Modem, Dial-Up, etc.
- Can run as a Service (Windows NT, 2000, XP and 2003 only)
- Absolute flexibility
- Many options for full customization