An intuitive application that allows users to recover data from damaged CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, HD DVDs, or disks with problems, and copy data from remote PCs when the network connection is unstable
AnyReader is a lightweight application designed to help you recover data from scratched CDs and DVDs, defective floppy disks, or other type of disks.
It boasts a clean and straightforward interface that offers step-by-step assistance throughout the recovery operation, so even less experienced users can master the entire process with minimum effort.
AnyReader gives you the possibility to copy files from disks with problems, such as bad sectors, physical damage by selecting the items, specifying the saving directory and making the program preserve the original folder structure.
What’s more, you can configure the copying settings in terms of number of attempts to read bad sectors, pause between retrying attempts, and skipped sector value.
At the end of the task, the tool offers details about the files, such as name, size, bad sectors, status (finished, waiting), and recoverability percentage. Plus, the app generates HTML reports which include information about the recovery process.
AnyReader is able to read data from damaged CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, or HD DVDs, rip audio CDs, as well as create ISO images of the selected disks.
Other important features worth mentioning are represented by the possibility to copy files from a remote PC when the network connection is unstable (useful for Wi-Fi networks) and merge two damaged files into a single one.
During our testing we have noticed that AnyReader carries out a task quickly and without errors throughout the entire process. It manages to remain light on the system resources, so it doesn’t burden the overall performance of computer, nor interfere with other programs’ functionality.
To sum things up, AnyReader offers an intuitive environment for helping you recover data from different disks with ease.
- Pentium 120
- 32 MB RAM
- Administrator privileges for the installation.
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 30 days trial
- You can only retrieve up to 700 MB
- Nag screen
- Reads files from disks with physical damage.
- Allows you to copy files from disks with problems such as bad sectors, scratches or that just give errors when reading data.
- Reads data as much as possible.
- Reads data from the erroneous network connections. It supports resumed downloads from the remote PC if connection was broken during the copy process.
- Support file sizes up to file system limits.
- Easy to use, intuitive wizard-driven interface.