Monitor computers in your local network to intercept and collect network-related details using this app with TCP and UDP support
Advanced TCP IP Data Logger is an efficient utility specially intended for your data logging needs that allows you to collect any information you want from any device or instrument in real time, as well as send or receive serial data over the Internet or LAN network.
Because it can work as a client and as a server as well, Advanced TCP IP Data Logger enables you to log multiple ports at the same time and parse, filter or format your source data the way you want.
The configuration process comes with complete tools so you can easily modify the IP settings, change the server options or include remote port numbers that meet your specifications.
Advanced TCP IP Data Logger comes with a user-friendly interface and allows you to view all the logged information, warning and error messages right from the main window. Also, the status bar shows the current state of the selected source, interface error messages and the number of processed bytes.
Moreover, the utility can work with various network interface cards (NIC), however there are specific conditions that need to be met if you want to collect information from devices over the Internet. For instance, if your PC does contain more that one network interface card, then the utility displays a list with all the found IP addresses for each network card installed in your system.
After entering the parameters and choosing the IP address you want to use, you need to establish a connection between Advanced TCP IP Data Logger and the TCP / IP port. However, if there are configured ports, then the program will open them and start logging.
You have the possibility to save all the captured data to a log file without any changes, or simply write to log files, but that depends on the parser module selected. In the first case you can view the log file with any HEX editor, while in the second case you can open the file and view the entire data with any text editor.
Hence, by using Advanced TCP IP Data Logger you can log multiple TCP / IP or UDP ports at the same time, define simple rules according to your preferences, then quickly collect network data from any device or instrument in real time.
- Network interface card
LIMITATIONS IN THE UNREGISTERED VERSION
- 65 k data in spy mode
- 100 data packets can be send to plugins
- After 2 hours, the application has to be restarted
- Nag screen
- Capability to log multiple TCP/IP ports simultaneously;
- Server/client operation modes;
- Variable format file forming setting (on time, data, size and etc.);
- Advanced data parsers that allows you to parse, filter and format your source data of various complexity levels;
- Data export to any ODBC-compatible database (MS SQL, Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, dBase and others);
- Advanced TCP/IP Data Logger can use direct connection (using OLE) to Microsoft Excel and write data directly to rows or columns;
- Improved data formatting.
- Plug-ins support;
- Simple and intuitive setup wizard – no programming required to start collecting data.